Google Adsense Rolls out Page-Level Enforcement to Counter Piracy and Malware

Forum 6 years ago

Google Adsense Rolls out Page-Level Enforcement to Counter Piracy and Malware

Google Adsense is currently releasing strategies to bring about a safe browsing environment where advertisers' ads are placed and one of the new method set in place is the Page-Level Enforcement Policy page.

How to See the Page-Level Enforcement Policy page

Login to your Adsense account, Click the Policy Navigation bar link, to output list of websites affected by policy violation as seen on the below screenshots, you can then click on See Details to see reason and how to request a review.

Types of Page-Level Enforcement Policies and How to Appeal

According to Adsense:

Sites showing Google ads should be easy for users to navigate. Sites may not change user preferences, redirect users to unwanted websites, initiate downloads, include malware or contain pop-ups or pop-unders that interfere with site navigation.

Sites that offer Pop Up ads or any kind of pop of any kind, may face this kind of reports very often as most pop up ads tends to navigate users to pages they do not intent to go, some even force to install unsolicited softwares (malwares) on the users' devices and when adsense notices from their vast technology, such sites may face a page-level enforcement immediately.

Best way to appeal Malware Policy violation

Before you follow below steps, check your Webmaster Search Console: Security issues, making sure to to also know example of page the malware were detected, undoing the reason for the malware and submitting a review.

1. Remove every pop up adcodes on your website pages
2. Navigate your website and see that there is no unusual redirects

Then tender an appeal, by going to the policy page, Click see Details, Select the page, then click on request review, (make sure you have done necessary changes) before you click on the final Submit review button.

According to Google Adsense:

AdSense publishers may not display Google ads on pages with content protected by copyright law unless they have the necessary legal rights to display that content. This includes pages that display copyrighted material, pages hosting copyrighted files, or pages that provide links driving traffic to pages that contain copyrighted material.

If you happen to Get a DMCA report for any page of your site and you are also an adsense publisher, you will automatically get a page-level enforcement for that page.

How to Appeal Page-Level enforcement for DMCA reports

You can not make an appeal directly from your adsense page, you have to submit a counter report for the accusation via the DMCA counter form[, Last time i submitted a counter report, i had to wait for 10 days, if the accuser does not bring a lawyer to file a court case the report will be lifted, hopefully i had a good faith that i knew what am filing a counter report for and it was lifted after 10 days.

Warning: if you do not have right over the content, please do not file a counter report else you might have to get a lawyer to follow legal proceedings for the case.

Another Way to remove the policy is, this is also useful for those whose adsense is not displaying on their homepage, all you have to do is:

1. Remove the content (Copyright images, Videos or Audios) from your homepage/pages, then appeal.

2. Simply remove adsense code fromyour homepage/affected pages for 7 to 10 days and the report will be lifted.

i hope this helps someone, its a quick write up, i faced few DMCA reports, currently cleaning the ones i could and ignore the rest, So tell me! is Adsense displaying on your homepage? or are you facing some pages without adsense displaying? use the comment sections below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Lagos Apprehends 11 Fake Enforcement Personnel
Forum | 1 month ago

Lagos Apprehends 11 Fake Enforcement Personnel

Playing at AFCON has improved my performance level – Onyeka
Forum | 1 month ago

Playing at AFCON has improved my performance level – Onyeka

This Rubbish Won
Forum | 2 months ago

This Rubbish Won't Be Tolerated On My Page - Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter, Daniella Warns Follower Who Made Comment About Her Father And Alex Iwobi

FUNAI notice to all medical students (100-300) level on application for allocation of bed space
Forum | 2 months ago

FUNAI notice to all medical students (100-300) level on application for allocation of bed space