Friendly: Why I snubbed Bissouma for game against Nigeria – Mali coach opens up

Forum 1 month ago

Friendly: Why I snubbed Bissouma for game against Nigeria – Mali coach opens up

Coach of the Malian national team, Eric Chelle has revealed why he snubbed highly rated Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Yves Bissouma for the international friendlies against Mauritania and Nigeria.

Mali will come up against the Super Eagles in an international friendly game on Tuesday.

The Super Eagles have already beaten Ghana 2-1 on Friday.

There were rumours that Yves Bissouma was nursing an injury but the coach says otherwise.

Before Mali’s squad announcement, Tottenham boss, Ange Postecoglou named the midfielder in his starting lineup for the London derby at Fulham.

After the Africa Cup of Nations, the player was accused of lack of dedication while playing for Mali.

The coach claimed that other midfielders are enjoying a better run of form than Bissouma.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of the friendly games, Chelle said, “Like many players, he deserves to be selected, it’s just a choice.

“In my diamond, there are players right now who are slightly safer. That doesn’t mean he won’t be called again.”

Meanwhile, the midfielder has unfollowed the Fédération Malienne de Football on Instagram and and has also deleted all pictures of himself wearing the Mali jersey from his personal account.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud
Forum | 3 days ago

EFCC Arrests Sirika Over N8bn Nigeria Air Fraud

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests
Forum | 4 days ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 4 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani