Percy Jackson’s Walker Scobell on Playing Link in Zelda: ‘I’d Definitely Consider it’

Forum 4 months ago

Percy Jackson’s Walker Scobell on Playing Link in Zelda: ‘I’d Definitely Consider it’

Could Walker Scobell be adding an iconic sword to his arsenal? The Percy Jackson star was recently asked about the potential of playing Link in the live-action adaptation of The Legend of Zelda. Scobell is unsure if he wants to tackle the video game character, but the young actor did not close the door on the opportunity.

“Actually, I don’t know. I don’t know if I’d be interested in playing Link,” Scobell told Variety at the Percy Jackson premiere on Wednesday night. “If they came to me, I’d definitely consider it, 100%.”

The 14-year-old admitted he has not played every Zelda game, which is understandable considering his age. Although Scobell is familiar with the character, someone in his family appears to be the bigger fan.

“I have played Breath of the Wild,” Scobell added. “I haven’t played the new one, Tears of the Kingdom, but my dad loves Legend of Zelda. He played the games when he was younger.”

What to Expect in The Legend of Zelda?

On November 7, 2023, Nintendo announced a live-action adaptation of The Legend of Zelda was in development. Wes Ball, the director behind The Maze Runner films and the upcoming Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, will direct Zelda.

According to a Nintendo press release, Shigeru Miyamoto, Representative Director and Fellow of Nintendo, and Avi Arad, Chairman of Arad Productions Inc., will produce. The Legend of Zelda will be produced by Nintendo and Arad Productions Inc. Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. and Nintendo will co-finance the film.

No casting announcements have been made. However, Scobell is one of the names circulating on the Internet for the part of Link. Machine Gun Kelly also threw his name in the ring for Link, saying there will be a “problem” if he doesn’t play Link. Euphoria’s Hunter Schafer recently expressed how “cool” it would be to play Zelda.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner
Forum | 3 days ago

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 5 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 1 week ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth